Lyndon Recreation is seeking a General Manager
Updated Thursday March 8, 2018 by Billy Glasscock.
After five seasons, current General Manager, Billy Glasscock, has announced he will step down as General Manager following the spring 2018 season. The Board of Directors is in search of a replcement.
For those interested, the job posting is below:
Lyndon Recreation Association, Louisville, Kentucky
Lyndon Recreation Association is a not-for-profit corporation organized under the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Lyndon Recreation has been serving the community for over 40 years. Originating in a school backyard, Lyndon Recreation has grown to accommodate over 2500 participants in baseball, softball, football and lacrosse.
Lyndon Recreation Association is seeking a General Manager to assist in the area of facility management and daily ballpark operations. Position will report to Board of Directors. Training and mentoring will be facilitated by the current General Manager, Grounds Manager and Board of Directors as needed.
- Work in the areas of facility management, concessions and daily ballpark operations
- Oversee financial duties of the program, which include but not limited to; weekly payroll, annual budget and preparing quarterly/annual tax documents
- Ensure the ballpark is kept clean by working with and serving in a supervisory role with the Grounds staff
- Assist in ensuring ballpark is setup on specific schedule
- Serve as liaison and/or perform duties for custodial and maintenance needs
- Ability to learn the ballpark operating systems, i.e. plumbing, electrical and concessions
- Assist in game day operations as needed as well as special events or projects
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring and training of ballpark grounds, concession, umpire/referee personnel
- Interact positively with players, coaches and parents. Dedicated to making the Lyndon Recreation Experience the best it can be
- Perform additional duties as needed
- Available to work a full schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays, and seasonal extended hours
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- Critical thinking is a must
- Dependable with reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs. and stand/walk for long periods of time in adverse weather including rain and heat
- Ability to work in tandem yet independently with the other staff
- This is a hands on position, in both a supervisory and maintenance role
- Position is full-time
- Salary of $30,000 or greater commensurate with experience
- Additional compensation may be awarded after target and/or certain KPI are achieved
- Application process to close March 31st, 2018. Candidates wishing to apply for the position should send a resume and cover/interest letter to:
Marc Anderson, Lyndon Recreation Association Board of Directors - Treasurer email@example.com